HERE ARE JUST A FEW
- “We’ve defended the borders of other nations, while leaving our own borders wide open..” Over the last 10 years, we’ve seen a 90% drop in illegal border crossings as a result of increased enforcement.
- “…for anyone to cross — and for drugs to pour in at a now unprecedented rate.” Drug seizures are actually down.
- “Since my election, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Softbank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart, and many others, have announced that they will invest billions of dollars in the United States and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.” Trump claims that his policies have led these companies to create 70,000 jobs. But 69,000 of those jobs were in the works before election and 700 were the result of Obama’s policies.
- “We have begun to drain the swamp of government corruption by imposing a 5 year ban on lobbying by executive branch officials — and a lifetime ban on becoming lobbyists for a foreign government. Trump’s lobbyist ban actually removes some of Obama’s ethics rules instead of strengthening them.
- “We’ve saved taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars by bringing down the price of the fantastic new F-35 jet fighter, and will be saving billions more dollars on contracts all across our Government”. The savings with the F-35 were in the works before Trump complained about the price tag.
- “We have cleared the way for the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines — thereby creating tens of thousands of jobs.” The Dakota Access pipeline is nearly built. Keystone would create 3,900 direct construction jobs and 16,000 total jobs on an annual basis.
And those are just temporary jobs; the permanent job count at Keystone will be 35.
- Help unemployed by cracking down on immigration. A pathway to citizenship will create 145,000 jobs each year.
- In the last 8 years, the past Administration has put on more new debt than nearly all other Presidents combined. This claim is misleading. Obama actually curt the deficit by almost three-quarters.
- “At the same time, we will provide massive tax relief for the middle class.” Trump’s tax plan isn’t designed to help middle class: 6.6% of the plan goes to middle class, 47.3% goes to the top 1%, almost 25% goes to the top 0.1%.
- “…stopping a regulation that threatens the future and livelihoods of our great coal miners.” The coal industry is a victim of market forces and the invent of other energy sources, not regualtions.
- “I just met with officials and workers from a great American company, Harley-Davidson. In fact, they proudly displayed five of their magnificent motorcycles, made in the USA, on the front lawn of the White House.” Harley-Davidson motorcycles are assembled in the United States but assembled using parts from Germany, Italy, Taiwan, Japan, and Mexico.
- “We have withdrawn the United States from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership.” “We have withdrawn the United States from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership.”
Because The Truth Matters