I’m off to Florida today to spend a few days visiting my daughter and my three gorgeous grandchildren. Yes I can say gorgeous because first of all they are and secondly, Grandmas can get away with that stuff.
Well timing couldn’t be better because the last couple of days in New York it’s been hard to live the pedestrian life. Of course we have lots of public transportation but…realities of getting around these past few days has been more like this….
1. Snow melted to slush and then froze on the sidewalks making the walk to work treacherous.
2. Standing in the biting wind while waiting for the cross town bus is not exhilarating!
3. Unless you want hat hair, you have to use an umbrella when it’s snowing.
4. Bundled up in layers to keep warm and wearing fleece-lined boots, you arrive at your office and it’s over-heated. Actually went barefoot for half a day there!
5. The steam heat from my dishwasher froze and formed a film of ice on the inside of my kitchen window.
6. I would almost rather be chilly in my apartment than have to endure the DRY HOT AIR heat blowing in the room.