How can I name the Top Ten ice cream flavors, I mean really?! This is just so subjective and for me the list revolves around moods, places and anything else lol. Of course I have my old standbys, who doesn’t ? What are yours? Want to share? Please do, wouldn’t it be great if the comment section of this blog were filled with ice cream flavors and then whenever we wanted to drool, we could just pull up the page and lick the screen.
This is clearly not the first time ice cream and ice cream flavors have found their way into this blog, oh no! See this previous post, https://pbenjay.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/so-many-flavors-so-little-time/ and your vicarious taste buds will be activated.
So here goes in a true stream of consciousness today’s list of the TOP TEN Ice Cream flavors that come to mind AND are not in any order of importance – they’re just there this Sunday morning when I haven’t had my coffee or breakfast yet – this should be an interesting list ha, ha, ha.
1. JAVA JOLT: A delightful mildly sweet coffee ice cream with chunks of dark chocolate and dark chocolate syrup swirled through it.
2. CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP: A minty green ice cream with tiny square dark chocolate chips throughout. This one is a real oldie and has become a classic
3. MALTED MILK BALL: OMG when I found this flavor at an ice cream shop in Neptune, I couldn’t wait to taste it – such a throwback to a childhood favorite.
4. ALMOND TURTLES: If you’ve ever traveled to the South and picked up some of those famous chocolate “Turtles”, you know what I’m talking about.
5. PEANUT BUTTER MOOSE TRACKS: Definitely one of my “go-to” flavors for a peanut butter fix. Thinks vanilla ice cream with chocolate swirls and chunks of peanut butter chips – Yeah you got the picture!
6. CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER: This speaks for itself doesn’t it? Rich chocolate ice cream with chunks of peanut butter in it. God is good.
7. ALMOND JOY: The only thing better than chocolate and peanut butter is chocolate and coconut with some almonds thrown in!!
8. CREAMSICLE: Oh my shades of the Good Humor man! Orange sherbet and vanilla ice creme blended.
9. PISTACHIO: Such an old time favorite and so good, never say no to pistachio!
10. PUMPKIN: Definitely seasonal so when it’s out, I eat as much as I can in those two months of the year it appears.
Just TEN for today, but then again it’s till before noon so after our brunch, who knows……