Well, I for one am never list-less, that is without a list; Whether it be an ongoing grocery list that I add to as soon as I discover a shortage somewhere in my household or the HoneyDo list that never seems to end. But last week, I came up empty-handed and my Thursday blog was list-less and I’ll tell you why; I was scanning some lists of what foods will reduce belly fat, which list of foods you should always avoid, what things you should do to lose weight – well you get the picture – it’s bathing suit time 😦
The problem was the contradictions that began to surface. I wasn’t sure how to present the information. So let’s put it this way, Don’t believe everything you read because I’m going to post a few of these lists and you can decide for yourself what works and what doesn’t .
TEN HEALTHY FOODS YOU SHOULD AVOID
- Rice cakes, rice crackers, any crackers
- Cereal – from “diet”/low fat corn flakes to oatmeal – they’re all a no-go.
- Diet soda, any soda
- Any product labeled “diet” anything
- Any dairy products, including whey protein, and even yogurt, and cottage cheese
- Pasta, that includes spinach pasta and gluten-free pasta
- Any beans, including soy and peanuts as well as green beans and snap peas
- Sugar (except the sugar you’re getting in a piece of fresh fruit
- Any grains, even whole grains or products made from them
- JUNK FOOD – Don’t eat fired food, candy, cookies, pies, pizza, fries, milkshakes, muffins, scones, packaged mixes, almost anything in a wrapper, and boxed or canned concoctions.
Well after that list, what’s left to eat? Clearly written by a Paleoista – I guess I would be loving me some steak tartare and an orange for breakfast.
SEVEN WAYS TO AVOID UNWANTED CALORIES DAILY
1. Only Drink Water – Water is good for you, keeps fluid levels up and calories down, your organs love it.
2. One Plate, Small Portion – A smaller plate gives you the illusion of a lot of food. Don’t go for seconds, drink a glass of water.
3. Avoid Toppings – Eating healthy food doesn’t work when you add cheese and sauces. Salad is good but not with croutons, salad dressing, cheese, fruit, meats.
4. Choose Grilled Not Fried – Fried foods are saturated in oils, grilled foods retain the nutritional content and kills any bacteria.
5. Don’t Eat Out Of The Bag – Mindlessly eating chips while watching TV is a sure way to take in a lot of calories. Either put the chips in a small bowl or better yet, eat some fruit.
6. Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate has vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and will free your body of harmful toxins. Supports your heart, brain and lowers your blood pressure, increased cognitive function.
7. Avoid Nuts – They taste good and are hard to stop eating once you’ve started. Cutting out nuts altogether can save you up to 500 calories a day.
Now don’t you feel more confident about losing weight after reading this list? Personally I can’t wait to increase my cognitive function – dark chocolate for breakfast!
SEVEN ABSOLUTE WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT (I call this the DUH! list)
1. Eat Less
2. Move More
3. Take A Walk
4. Drink Water
5. Break The Salt Habit
6. Swap Condiments
7. Don’t Eat Late At Night
There are many more lists to be had on this topic but I’ve had it for today. It’s after 7pm and I have to make dinner but after reading these lists I have no idea whether we should paleo, vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free! I think I’ll just cook what I planned or maybe just grill some dark chocolate.