I’ve been experiencing a lot of issues lately uploading photos, previewing posts and actually being able to access my admin bar. I’ve been in touch with the Support staff at WordPress.com and am trying a few things. I need to see if a photo I upload will show in my preview screen before I publish it. That’s why today you are seeing our oh so cute 1958 Metropolitan.
In 2010 I posted a photo on Facebook and a couple of days ago my cousin who must have been scrolling thru my photos came across it and hit LIKE. Well, you know that brings the picture to the forefront again and in the last few day 45 people have LIKED it and we’ve received several comments. OMG! The photo is not reaching “friends of friends” and has gone far and beyond.
This isn’t the same photo BUT it is of our adorable little Metropolitan with it’s SOCUTE license plate and here are 10 reasons why we love it.
1. It’s a people-stopper! Parked in front of the cottage, people stop constantly to look and take a picture.
2. When my husband drives it, it’s a chick-magnet.
3. When I drive it, men follow me to where I park it and ask me all kinds of questions and admire it.
4. It’s small enough to fit in most parking spaces
5. We get to belong to a national car club MOCNA-Metropolitan Owners Club of North America
6. We actually get to drive it – it’s not so classic that it only sits in a garage.
7. It gets great mileage and always gets a big smile at the gas station
8. When we drive it, people in other cars or on the sidewalks hoot, holler, toot and give us a thumbs-up sign.
9. Peter sits on the front porch with his martini and greets all the pretty young girls who stop and squeal over how cute the car it is.
10. We get to go to Vintage Car Shows and are the only Metropolitan included!