Gail, ever the source of great blogging material sent me an email that was filled with (some) questionably useful information but fun factoids nonetheless. It came under the title of Money Bags and is supposed to have something to do with Feng Shui and I should pass it on. I’m not passing the email on even though I believe in Feng Shui. My last three work offices have been designed according to Feng Shui and my Kua number!
If for no other reason than to add more (useless?) information to your already information overloaded brain, the following factoids are interesting and I’ll bet you didn’t know…
- Glass takes one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
- Gold is the only metal that doesn’t rust, even if it’s buried in the ground
for thousands of years.
- Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one
- If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human
body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
- Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.
- Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.
- Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn’t smoke unless it’s heated to 450 degrees.
- Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.
- Airports at higher altitudes require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.