Until an hour ago, I had never heard the term, Lifehacker. How strange is that? Well I’m sort of banking on the fact that many of you have not heard the word either.
A lifehacker is a secret way to make your life easier, or better and without great expense. After I read these, I thought it was a bit like reading Hints from Heloise, (you remember her don’t you?) Then I went on the website lifehacker.com and was astounded by the breadth and depth of the subjects and topics that are dealt with and they are chock full of great ideas. However, to clarify the source here; I took these from mental_floss.com and I understand that that web post copied them from Wildammo.com. So now that I’ve documented all the sources, I hope you enjoy reading these good tips, these lifehackers.
- Take scratches off your CDs and DVDs with a ripe banana. Rub the banana on the CD/DVD surface, then use the underside of the peel to rub the banana in deeper, wipe clean with soft cloth and spritz off any smudges.
- Store bed linen sets in one of pillowcases and you won’t have to search for any missing pieces.
- Rubbing a walnut over the scratches in your furniture will disguise the dings and scrapes.
- Use magnetic strips attached to the back of a medicine chest to hold bobby pins, tweezers, nail clippers etc.
- Use an upside down muffin tin and bake cookie dough over the top and you will have baked cookie bowls for ice cream.
- Take those ubiquitous little plastic bread loaf tags and attach them to the myriad cords under your desk. Mark the tag with the name of the device.
- You can hull strawberries using a plastic straw, sounds simple enough.
- Pump up the volume of your iPod or iPhone by placing in a bowl – the concave shape amplifies the sound.
- Put a tension rod in your cleaning cabinet and you can gain valuable space by hanging spray bottles from it.
- Find tiny lost items by putting a stocking over the vacuum cleaner’s hose and you will trap your lost item.
- When Is it Worth Haggling for a Better Price? [Ask Lifehacker] (lifehacker.com)
- Set Your Desktop to These Lifehacker Original Wallpapers [Wallpaper Wednesday] (lifehacker.com)