HAROLDSON LAFAYETTE HUNT in 1963, Dallas was a Mecca for the ultra-right, and H.L. Hunt was their Godfather. An oil billionaire, Hunt supported right-wing causes such as the John Birch Society, William F. Buckley’s Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), the political campaigns of Senator Joseph McCarthy, and the tax-exempt “news” organizations Facts Forum and Lifeline. On Nov. 4, 1063, Hunt’s security chief, an ex-FBI agent, wrote Hunt a memo on “reports of possible violence” during Kennedy’s upcoming trip. Hours after the assassination, the FBI told Hunt to go into hiding, and for several weeks provided him with security. Years later, Hunt’s personal aide alleged Hunt knew of the plot, having unwittingly influenced his right-wing followers to conspire to kill Kennedy. He added that Hunt had sent him to check on Oswald’s security in police custody. Though Hunt and Jack Ruby claimed not to know each other, a reliable witness alleged he and Ruby had won a considerable amount of money from Hunt, an inveterate gambler, wagering on football games. Among Ruby’s effects was the phone number of H. L.’s son, Lamar Hunt, whose offices Ruby visited on November 21, 1963.Another son, Nelson Bunker Hunt, sat on the board of the anti-communist International Committee for the Defense of Christian Culture (led by a former Nazi Abwehr agent) and was a major backer of YAF. Bunker helped buy an ad (placed by YAF’s future executive secretary) in the Dallas Morning News the day of Kennedy’s visit, portraying the President as a Kremlin dupe. Texas Senator John Tower, a YAF board member, personally interceded in 1962 with the Immigration and Naturalization Service in the case of – Marina Oswald.
Conspiracy Theory Wednesday – OIL MONEY
November 18, 2010 by pbenjay
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
ジョーダン on Robin Redbreast Wearing Winter… sales training Books on Robin Redbreast Wearing Winter… Des Plaines Dentist on I’ve Got A Pain In My… pbenjay on #LOOKUPNY – Look Up, The… celticlady2011@hotma… on #LOOKUPNY – Look Up, The…
- Top Ten Things To Do in New York City during Christmastime
- Robin Redbreast Wearing Winter White
- The Good Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise
- Latex, Leather and Lace - Were You Invited?
- I've Got A Pain In My.....neck, hip, knee, head, - More Pain Killers From The Kitchen!
- Ten French Phrases To "Drop" in Conversation
- PAIN??? Look To The Kitchen
- Bringing Back the Bundling Board
- David Guas - Bayou Bakery - Bananas Foster Cheesecake
- FAB FOTO FRIDAY - "I'm Ready For My Close-Up"
- 100 Word Challenge
- Amuse-bouche du jour
- By the way
- Conspiracy Theory Wednesday
- Everyday Food
- Fab Fotos
- Finley Ray
- From My Point of View – Personal commentary on Movies and Books
- Ha-P 2 B in OG
- It's Just Politics
- New York Speaks
- Nick & Nora and Flora & Fauna
- Obscure Origins of Common and Not So Common Phrases
- Only in New York
- Peter Coddles
- SITS-The Secret is in the Sauce
- Six Word Memoirs
- Smooth or Crunchy
- Tasty Tidbits Tuesday
- Thursday's Top Ten
- We Called It Macaroni (Pasta recipes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Bill Ding and his band of clowns are the security patrol for this blog site. He is a favorite toy from the 50*s. By the way sometimes a blog is just an ego-maniacal stream of conscience.
SITS ProBllogger Challenge